Tuesday, July 03, 2007

Good-bye for now J-ville





M on his first plane ride


Yvo and I say our good-bye's



So, this was not such a great day... but I can't not mention it. Yvo took my kiddo and me to the airport and it was so sad. I'm really going to miss her. She's the kind of friend some people search their whole lives for. She has always been there for me and I know that she would give the shirt off her back for me or my son ( her god baby). I truly believe that it's not just me that she's like this with. Yvo has the great ability to love people so whole hearted, it's quite special. We had some great times back in the days. I'm sure there will be many more to come. It's hard though knowing that our time these next two years is limited due to the fact that there is about 1200 miles between us. It just shows you that you need to make the best out of the moments you have... ALWAYS. So we said our tearful good-bye and my son and I got on the plane to start a new life in Madison.

The plane ride went well, the baby was great. I couldn't believe it. I was ready for the worst, but as always my kid was such a good boy. I'm really blessed with a very easy first baby. Don't get me wrong though, my husband and I have had our share of excitement with him arriving 7 weeks early and a 17 day stay in the NICU. So it hasn't all been smooth sailing, your just thankful for what you can get though. At least we are.

The baby's doing great. He's smiling ALL the time now, which is so much fun. He's also starting to drool which makes me wonder if I'm going to have a early teether on my hands. Smoochie and I checked out his gums last night, but we didn't see the signs of any teeth. Hmmm, we'll just have to wait and see I guess.