Sunday, July 17, 2011

Visitors!



We have been so lucky around here. We had Babcia and Dzia-Dzia surprise us with an unexpected weekend visit. The kids (and us) really enjoyed getting to see them. Daddy has been working like crazy and it was nice to have a little extra help with the kids. The Grandparents always come armed with gifts (which we keep trying to tell ALL of them it's NOT necessary) which the kids enjoyed. Mikey really enjoys maps and asking where he lives, where Grandpa Mike lives, where Babcia lives, where Grandma Robin lives... well, you get the point. It's beyond amazing watching these kids grow up and their curiosity grow with them. So, this globe was a perfect choice for Mikey.



Peek-a-boo! (still a favorite game with Naomi)

Mikey also enjoyed playing doctor with Babcia and Dzia-Dzia...
who knows maybe he'll follow in Daddy's footsteps.

Cheese!

Grandma Robin came and spent a few days with us as well before she went off to her next job. Mikey enjoyed playing games with her and I enjoyed being able to go for my morning runs knowing the kids were in good hands.

This is a favorite game around here now, another favorite is Jenga and I must say Mikey is really good! The kid has some crazy steady hands.

After the Grandparents left we had our good friends from Madison with their two boys here for 3 days. It was really nice and I can honestly say that even at such a young age these kids are showing signs that they'll be friends for life. I suck though as I didn't get any pictures from their visit. My camera was dead and instead of charging the battery (which I still need to do) I just keep thinking about it. Yeah, I know. I'm going to get on that.

Anyhow, I'm really glad we had company when we did. Naomi came down with a 48 hr fever which made her so lethargic and sad. Just when she was getting better poor Mikey got it. He is starting to look better but still a low grade fever hanging around today. As if that wasn't enough, I woke up with pink eye again yesterday. What the heck!
The joys of being a Mom I guess. ; )