Monday, July 25, 2011

The Birthday week

We had a very nice and quiet b-day dinner with Daddy at a local restaurant, just the 4 of us.

We went to a Japanese restaurant and surprisingly Naomi wasn't bothered by the fire at all.

Friday evening we had some friends over to help us celebrate Daddy's b-day. For those of you who don't know, my husband has become an avid bike rider and if he's not at work he's scheming ways to sneak off and go for a bike ride. I really wanted to get him a cake with a bike on it and, of course, the bakery didn't have anything like that. So I got him this tractor cake as a bit of a joke but more so Mikey could play with the tractor and have a keepsake from Daddy's party. Well, I have decided that I'm going to attempt the next cake. That's right... no more store bought cakes. I can surely come up with something equally good if not better than this. Right?

Well, this was my cake I made for Smoochie...
it was yummy but not very kid friendly with espresso cream frosting

Happy 38th Birthday !!!!

He looks pretty freakin' awesome for 38 if I do say so myself. We love ya babe!

Yummy

Nothing will get these kids out of the water faster than cake.

This is great!

Naomi is our little frog. She loves water, she immediately starts kicking just like a frog, so darn cute I tell ya. It's just scary because she has to be watched at all times near water,
there is zero fear!

Unfortunately, Mikey was moving way to fast to catch a photo of him. Literally every photo I have of him is blurry because he was running and I didn't have the camera set right. : (

Mikey has been taking tennis lessons

These kids are so cute, and very talented.


Naomi watching big brother play some tennis



All in all it has been a great week... now we're are off to go to today's tennis lesson.

Happy summer all!