Pre-school starts at 7:45 and this is him blissfully content in slumber land at 6:30.
It's important to start your day with breakfast and a big hug.
Daddy took the morning off so he could be there for Mikey's first day of pre-school. Unfortunately, he ended up being the photographer. When I got home to look at the pictures I realized that we didn't get any Daddy and son pictures. I'm so sorry. I should have grabbed the camera from Daddy.
So it's teddy bear week at Mikey's school where the kids bring their teddy bear with them. Mikey does not have a teddy bear that he likes so he brought Goofy (and seal of course, who has been going everywhere with us lately).
Mommy explaining that I will be back. I always come back.
Mikey checking in to his classroom.
Moments like these are what I hope to never forget.
It's just so amazing and scary how fast kids grow up.
The look of shear joy.

This is determination. His little muscles are memorizing this motion they must make to turn the wheels of the bike. Once this happens, the joy of bike riding has begun. I believe he's about there. Yesterday evening we went out back and he went around and around in circles on the tennis court with the biggest most beautiful smile on his face.
You can do it!
OK I got this, you just push your feet in a circular motion and off you go. Pretty cool!
Daddy giving him that first push. Sending Mikey forward, feeling the breeze on his face and feeling the power of his bike.
So, Mikey did have a meltdown. Mikey held onto our legs and when we took his little hands off our legs so walk out, he came chasing behind us. Luckily, there was another teacher there who was able to take him back (sobbing) into his classroom. Once I got outside I realized that I had left my purse (I am extremely forgetful while pregnant... it's bad) inside Mikey's classroom. I got lucky and another Mom saw me standing at a distance outside Mikey's classroom and was able to retrieve my purse for me without Mikey seeing me. In the 2 minutes we were gone Mikey had stopped crying. Thank heavens. I hope that when I pick him up he will tell me that he had fun. I'm optimistic that he will.
Pre-school has not been the only "first" thing to happen around here.
Pre-school has not been the only "first" thing to happen around here.
Mikey learned to ride his big boy bike this weekend!
(The pictures are in reverse order, sorry)
This is determination. His little muscles are memorizing this motion they must make to turn the wheels of the bike. Once this happens, the joy of bike riding has begun. I believe he's about there. Yesterday evening we went out back and he went around and around in circles on the tennis court with the biggest most beautiful smile on his face.
We've had so many beautiful moments around this house lately. The kind where you stop and say to yourself, "please don't forget this image and feeling". I know I'm very emotional from all the pregnancy hormones but I just feel so much love for these two people that make my life so wonderful and complete. I want to say thank you to my parents as I know I wouldn't truly appreciate all these moments with my husband and child like I do if you two hadn't taught to love like l do.