
And we're off... at the airport getting everything together to check in.

watching planes take off and land...
We made it, we're in Poland kids!
Mike and his cousin Marcin. The main purpose of the trip to
Poland was so Mike could be Marcin's daughters godfather.
The kids playing with their Pra-Babcia and Babcia
After a LONG day of travel play time is just what these kids needed.
So sweet...
Anytime these two fight I think I'll just pull out these photos
to remind them of how sweet they can be.

Mikey waiting for the service to start

Sweet little Iga slept through most of her baptism... a girls gotta sleep.



The kids and their Daddy at the lunch afterwards.

Naomi playing with her Dzia-Dzia
Krakow!

All the restuarants around the square have these beautiful "beer gardens" and I can only imagine what fun it would be to sit there and socialize, drink beer and eat delicious food.
The kids aren't exactly up for letting Mommy and Daddy rest much, if at all!

Too cool, huh!

Pra-Babcia learning how to play angry birds! ; )
Some very good friends of Mike's parents joined us for a drink and to catch up,
meet the children. They are such nice people...
they brought this stuffed dragon for Naomi and it's still a favorite with both kids.
Naomi loves the birds as much as Mikey did at her age...

Love , love, love the birds.
Now Mikey has graduated for a love of computer birds, aka angry birds.

Want a ride anyone.

Pra-Babcia loved pushing her great-granddaughter around in the stroller.
The time difference between WI and Poland is 7 hrs, which made for many rough nights. Mikey actually acclimated pretty quick. Naomi, however took about 5 nights. It was miserable, every night she would wake up from 1-4 am... the poor girl just couldn't sleep.
Still in Krakow...

Getting ready to take a horse ride to the Wawal Castle.
Pretty cool if I do say so...
Naomi really enjoyed it, she seemed to take in all the scenery.

Mikey was typical Mikey...
concerned about when he would get his next ice cream cone. Hehehe!
Kosciuszko, a polish & american hero.

Beautiful

Hungry and sassy

sweet and tired
These two are seriously two peas in a pod.
More food... more restaurants. My favorite part of travel.
Strike a pose baby girl.

Miedzybrodzie Zywieckie: The town where the
famous Michal Nawalany spent the first part of his childhood.
Mike's Dad helped build this place where are standing...
once again, pretty cool.

Naomi LOVES dogs... she's so giggly around them. We just need to teach her
that not all dogs are friendly to keep our little sweetness out of trouble.
Mikey took this picture... I love it!

another great photo... in my book anyhow.
Mike's childhood friends parents had us over.. what a beautiful night,
great food, better company. Thank you for your hospitality.
Baby-cakes wasn't feeling well this day...
Mike's friend Sebastian and his Dad
Later that night we drove back to Mike's cousins house and Mikey got to play with his 2nd or 3rd cousins ( I can't keep it straight). It was amazing, there was a language barrier but it didn't stop them one bit from having a great time together. Children are amazing.
Naomi and Iga even bonded and played together.
love it!


Iga loving on her god-daddy.

In Poland they do everything at an early age... drinking age is 18,
driving age... well in this case 10 months!
Peek-a-boo!
Warsaw!
A sign from a pierogi place we went to... yummy!
Mike's cousin and his wife, Anna, got us these super cool shirts. In Polish they say Mama is always right (so true) Daddy is always right (mostly true) Naomi's said born optimist and Mikey's said there's only one king (so so true)! They are awesome and so much fun!

Yummy pierogi's!

Going for a stroll.
Our first family bus ride...
It was freaking hot... but kinda neat. I'll keep my minivan.

I love you so much babe...
Being with you made my 33rd birthday special.
Heck, being with you makes everyday special.


We gave Mikey the camera while we were waiting for our food to arrive. Mikey took some very interesting pictures. I think it's super cool to see things from his perspective.


Yummm....
I really enjoyed walking around downtown Warsaw.. it was incredibly beautiful.

So Naomi got her very own ice cream cone. I got one to share with her and she kept pawing at it so I figured ahh why not? I'll give her the cone to hold. Well, that was the last I saw of it. She started getting pretty messy so I tried to take it from her to clean her up and did she ever cry some crocadile tears... needless to say she got the cone back.



All done!

Statue of the Little Insurgent: this statue commemorates the
children who lost their lives in the Warsaw Rising.

Our last morning in Poland some good friends drove over 2 hours to see us before we got on our flight back home. It was so nice to see them and so incredibly nice of them to drive all that way to see us for such a short time.
Heading home... 11 hour flight.

10 hours of angry birds...
Mikey taking more pictures...

The kids playing together in the aisles trying to do anything to keep sane.
After over 24 hrs of travel, 1 missed flight, 1 rental car and about 4 driver changes between Mike and I (we were beyond exhausted) we made it home.
Home sweet home!