Mike has fallen in love with biking. Mike has a tendency to get hooked on sports, not a bad thing to get hooked on. When we first meet and actually for the first 3 years or so he was all about soccer. He still loves soccer but I'd say it has fallen second to road biking. I know that when he's at work and dreaming about what he's going to do when he gets home, if he could do anything it would be go for a long bike ride. Well, that doesn't work so well when you have little ones and all day while you're at work, they are dreaming and longing for their Daddy to come home and play with them. I keep telling him to enjoy the fact that his kids actually want to play with him because before we know it they are going to prefer their friends to us and this time is going to be gone. Anyhow, I'm getting side tracked. Mike really wanted to do this bike race, the Dairyland Dare. So we made it happen. It was a lot of fun. We drove to Madison the night before and went to one of our favorite Italian restaurants so he could carb up.
The kids had no problem helping Daddy eat carbs...
this pasta was delicious!

After dinner we decided to go for a stroll around the Capitol
and a couple was kind enough to get a picture of us.

Naomi really enjoyed the scenery
The kids helped Daddy get ready for his big race the morning of...
Mikey even took this picture of Daddy before getting on his bike.
Let the race begin!

The the waiting part. Luckily we have really great friends that lived not too far away and we went to their house to eat some breakfast and let the kids play while Daddy got the majority of his bike race done. It took him a little over 3 hrs... we waited for about 30 minutes which probably felt like 3 hrs to the kids.

This blue stuff looks yummy!

Here he comes!

Yeah! Congrats Daddy!!!!

Another nice family took a pic for us.
We are so proud of you Daddy!
100K is no joke, I couldn't bike 62 miles.
Turning in his timing chip.

All cleaned up. Way to go Daddy!
Last weekend I ran the Madison Mini-marathon. Which is a half marathon, 13.1 miles. I don't have any pics as Daddy was on call so I didn't have a photographer. It was a lot of fun, even more work and it feels even better knowing that I can do something like that. This is what I hope we teach our kids. No matter how hard something is... if you really want it and work at it, you can do it! There is no better sense if accomplishment then setting a goal and making it happen. No pain, no gain.