We've spent the good majority of this summer at the pool, any pool really. I've been trying to get Mikey in as many swim lessons as possible and to reinforce what he's learning by going to the pool regularly. Can he swim? No. Is he much better than at the start of the summer? Yes. So is it a success, probably not. However, it is a step or stroke in the right direction. There are still a couple weeks left and we are supposed to go to the pool with friends today. Yet the temp has dropped... drastically. Yesterday we only made it to 71 and last night we got down to a whopping 50 degrees! As much as I love these temps, I really do... they just aren't conducive to playing in the pool. So, we'll see if he'll get in the water today or if our fun at the pool has ended for yet another year. Lucky for us there are a lot of great indoor pools around, it's just not the same though. At least we can continue on with our swim progress and hopefully be swimming like a champ by next summer.
We did go to a aquatic center last weekend, all 4 of us and what fun did we have. We were just in time as I think last weekend was probably the last really warm one we're going to see this year. So, lucky for us that we got that time because was it ever nice. The kids LOVED it and well, we really enjoyed having two happy kids! The pics are actually from when I went there a few days prior with a friend. Good times!!
A mid-day nap for our sweet baby.
A gorgeous rainbow to put the frosting on our day with Daddy
.