Monday, January 24, 2011

Brrrr...

The weather has been downright cold here this winter. This fall I was out shopping and ran into a local farmer who told me that we were going to have a very cold, very long winter. I thought, ok we'll see. Well, he was right. This is my 4th winter in Wisconsin and it has been by far the coldest and snowiest. When it's -20 out with a windchill of 36 below you just have to find ways to pass time indoors. That is exactly what my kids have been doing. Mikey loves his leapfrog game and I love it because he is actually learning things, like his letters and numbers. Which is fantastic. Naomi is working on mastering how to work those beautiful little hands of hers. She is always reaching and trying to grab at everything lately. It's just fun to watch her.

Thank you for this soft and beautiful jumper Babcia.
Naomi not only looks great in it, it's super comfy soft cotton.

On the thank you list is a big thank you to my dear friend Becca. Last weekend we received a package in the mail from Omaha. It was filled with some super cute clothes for Naomi and some art supplies for Mikey, which is also helpful when you are spending as much time indoors as we are. I realized that if I didn't get Naomi in this adorable little number than she would never have the chance to wear it as it's going to be too small very soon. In an effort to get some cute pictures I thought this outfit was perfect. It's so, so cute! So I turned the heat up, put out a soft blanket and turned the camera on.

Playing with big brother.

Cheese!


Looking at big brother, which is her favorite thing to do. Naomi tracks Mikey all around the room. She loves to watch him... who can blame her, he's very entertaining.


Daddy love.

Mama love.