Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Wow-wee!

Don't you want to join us for breakfast? Pull up a chair... take a seat. It's fun here I promise.

I've been reminiscing all afternoon and what better place to share my thoughts than here... on my blog. Here is a little of what has been going through my mind.

How does time go by so fast? I know I've said this many... MANY times before on this blog. I apologize. I guess it just doesn't sink in how fast time goes by until you have a child (at least for me anyhow). It is absolutely amazing to be touched the way a child touches your heart.

I remember the moment I found out about this beautiful little creature. I had no idea what was ahead for me. I remember pregnancy going by so slow, waiting for my tummy to grow. Then when it did, wondering what this little person growing inside of me was going to be like. Was he going to like (love) soccer as much as his Daddy? It sure as hell felt like it, he had a great kick from the get go. Was he going to look like me? Nope, just like his Daddy... (except with my nose). His personality is very much like mine though... so much so it's freaky. He loves talking on the phone about nothing and he just loves when he can make you smile. He's very independent and wants to do things for himself. He has a crazy dare devil side to him that could only be from me. Yet, for how crazy he might appear to be... if you watch him you'll see that everything he does is very calculated and careful. He enjoys doing crazy and silly things, yet he is very careful not to hurt himself. It's really quite amazing to see this little guy in action.

All I know is that my life is so much more fulfilled now that this little person has entered our World. I am so thankful for my hubby for being such a great Father and husband. He has given me the gift of our son and I can honestly say that that is the best gift I have ever been given.