Friday, September 07, 2007

Grandma's visit

My beautiful baby boy... the best b-day present ever! It was my b-day this past weekend. We packed up the stroller and went to the taste of Madison. It was a beautiful day, clean crisp air and a slight breeze. Best of all was the company, my Mom was in town to help celebrate. The food was plentiful to say the least. We had cinnamon rolls, bacon, eggs and mimosa's for my b-day breakfast. Yummy! Then when we arrived at the taste of Madison we had some delicious brats topped with pickles... a quick way to both my hubby's heart and mine. Then as we strolled around we picked up some coconut shrimp, fried halibut and key lime pie. It was so good... yet I was feeling a little sick to my tummy.
While Grandma was here she watched the baby so Smoochie and I could have a evening out. This was the first time the two of us have been out together, just us since the baby was born. I think we forgot what to do at first. We went through the normal steps. We found a bar that looked promising... went in and ordered a drink. We then found a table and sat down... looked around and then at each other. Hmmm, it's been a while. Hmmm, look at the time it's almost midnight (officially my b-day) let's order some shots. Good idea! After a few shots of patron to shake the cob webs off we were feeling it. It was very nice... I think we need to get out a bit more often and be just Angie and Mike... not Mommy and Daddy. Don't get me wrong I LOVE being Mommy, I just needed a few hours to be in charge of just me. Besides, it was so nice to come home to my sweet little cherub.

Smooch took us out to The Melting Pot for my b-day dinner. It was good, although I think we would have appreciated it a bit more had we not stuffed our faces the ENTIRE day. Plus, Smooch has been working so hard this past week, on call, getting no sleep. Doesn't he look so sleepy here? Poor guy...

Grandma and little MJ at the state capitol

Some more snuggling...

Grandma, MJ and myself decided it would be a good idea to check out the Botanical Garden's while she was visiting. Little did we know that every mosquito in the entire state of Wisconsin had the exact same idea. Despite our best efforts and the mosquito cover over the stroller we decided the mosquito's won this one and retreated to the safety of the car. We were a little out numbered unfortunately. It was nice having Grandma here, I know that MJ will certainly miss his giggling partner.