Sunday, June 24, 2007

Madison here we come!

Well... it's been forever and a day since I've posted. Blog world look out here I come! I'm excited to get into this as it will be the only way my family is going to be able to see my son grow the next two years... possibly even longer. Who knows where Smoochie and I will land after the two year fellowhip at UW is over. All we know is that it really doesn't matter too much as long as we are all together.
As I sit writing this blog my husband is on the road with his parents and my Dad and step-mother. They should be somewhere in Kentucky or Illinois at the moment. It was quite a sight watching the line of cars pull out this morning. The first in line was my husband in the monster Penske truck, next his father in our GTI, then Nancy and my mother in-law following in their SUV and last but not least my Dad driving our mini cooper. What a sight in deed! It was a rush of emotions... partly sad too see them leave without me and the baby, also sad for the obvious reason... moving out of Florida and leaving my family behind. Then I felt this rush of excitement for what lies ahead of us. We have a 12 week old son, my husband is starting a new job, we're new parents and as if that wasn't enough we're newlyweds. We have a fresh start ahead of us, we have our health, we're in love with each other... with our son... and with life. So, tomorrow my son and myself will get on a plane and meet up with my husband to make a new home in Madison, WI.
Somebody pince me please! I'm going to be a cheesehead!

I would also like to make a special thanks to our parents for helping us with this tremedous move. I know it doesn't always seem like it, but we do appreciate all of you!