Wednesday, September 05, 2012

It's a BOY!!!

Welcome Leo Mieczyslaw!

We welcomed Leo Friday August 31, 2012 at 2:05 pm weighing in at 8 lbs, 1 oz and 20 in long. 


The doctor broke my bag of water at 10:55 am. We walked the halls for an hour and it was on. We then made it back to the room where my hubby held me and did all he could to try and help me get through the pain. My Mom, Grandma Robin, was there and it was nice to have her support. Unfortunately there wasn't much for her to do but just be supportive and she did a great job at this. I mostly moved from position to position desperately trying anything to find some sort of relief without any luck... of course not, I was in labor! Silly me. Anyhow we started the same way as we did with Naomi, basically doing a slow dance trying to help the baby work his way down. This really is a beautiful way to really get through the early stages of active labor. Then I ended up going into transition leaning on the birthing ball. Once I transitioned I was in so much pain and I was hoping and praying that this child would come out much faster then he was. All I wanted to do was push but then I didn't want to push as it hurt too much. Luckily, things moved much faster than they felt and after pushing (I don't know how long I pushed but it was shorter than with Naomi) I finally got his head through. That is indescribable. I remember thinking that I had to push harder and push through the burn  FIRE. That if I could just push harder with each one than it would hopefully be one less push I'd have to do. Success! The head was out... now for the rest. The poor little guys shoulder got stuck but luckily was wasn't hurt at all. All of the sudden I hear my hubby scream, "it's a BOY"!!!!! 


Welcome my sweet, sweet beautiful baby boy. 


 Oh my, how wonderful to hold you in my arms... I've waited what feels like an eternity. 


Yes, he's crying... this is good. 


Look at his perfect little nose! I looked at you and immediately 
thought you were the perfect mix of your big brother and big sister. 


Amazing... simply amazing. 



Our angel... 


Ok guys bring me back to my Mama...



Baby feet, beautiful little baby feet. 


The infamous Daddy hand shot. 


Hi little Leo... 

  
You complete us. Thank you!








 Happy Birthday Mama... we're going home. I can think of no better birthday gift. 



Why is it one of my kids inevitably has their finger up their nose? 
There must be something good up there. 


Snuggle time!


 I think this will always be my best birthday ever. 


A little playtime in the back yard. We can't keep clothes on Naomi... as you can see. 


Hi Babcia


 Leo's 1st bath... as my hubby said from a mosquito's point of view. Funny guy!


All clean.


 Snug as a bug in a rug. 



3 days old 


The many faces of Leo


So sweet. Leo is such a sweet, quiet baby. He doesn't cry just squeaks and fusses if he's hungry. Which lately is pretty much all the time... hungry, not fussing. Luckily for him Mama has no lack of milk and always willing to fill him up. Which is happening as I type. Milk, it does a baby Leo good. : )