Thursday, February 17, 2011

Again!

Thank you Smooch for my beautiful tulips. I love them! I must admit that when I'm covered in throw up and snot and feel just absolutely gross.. these catch my eye and brighten my day.


So we were healthy for about 3 days and then we were hit again! I swear we can not win around here. It's been a very rough season for colds, stomach flu, and just plain yuckiness. You name it, we've had it. I'm constantly picking up tissues and reminding Mikey to cover his mouth when he sneezes and coughs. Mikey has been home from school all week and I have no intention of sending him back until next week. Mikey has it BAD. On Tuesday his fever reached a record high of 105.5! That was freakin' scary. Lucky for Daddy he got home just in time to help me clean up the mess from Mikey throwing up due to his HIGH temp. Daddy has a knack for showing up just when I need him the most. I don't know what I'd do without him. Mikey appears to be on the mend now. We are mostly wiping runny noses with a lingering cough.

No matter how many times I pick up tissues... they magically pile up again.

Poor Naomi has become a casualty of Mikey's sickness. Unfortunately, no matter how hard I tried to shield her from his germs it seems the germs got their way. I'm praying that she will not get it as bad as her brother. I'll freak out. I'm watching her like a hawk and giving her lots of love. It's the worst when your sweet little baby gets sick. It's bad when the older child gets it but you can talk to him and he can express how he feels. The baby isn't able to communicate how she feels so it's so difficult.... and heart breaking.

Mikey would not let me take his picture. This is the best we're gonna get.

On another note: Naomi started eating cereal last week. I wasn't going to start her on solids yet but she started nursing every 2 hours. I couldn't tell if she was doing so because I had the stomach flu and my milk took a hit or if she was just still hungry. Either way... she was still hungry so we started cereal. At first she didn't seem to like it too much but now she seems to really like it. I've introduced apples and sweet potatoes as well. Her favorite is still just plain rice cereal and breast milk.

sweet potatoes...

My fingers are definitely the best!

Last weekend (before sickness erupted) we spent time with our good friends.
Mikey's all time best bud, Joe-Joe.

Fun!