Thursday, June 03, 2010

Half way!

Can you hardly believe it? We are already half way through the year and today I'm half way through my pregnancy. I'm growing more and more excited with the thought of meeting my daughter. This is probably also due to the fact that two of my nearest and dearest friends both had baby girls this past week. Becca welcomed her daughter, Lola, to her family on May 29th. Colleen welcomed her daughter, Coco, to her family on May 24th. All of them are healthy and just a beautiful as can be.
How can I not be excited at the prospect of meeting my little girl for the first time? Of course, I want to meet my baby girl. Just in 17-20 weeks from now. No sooner. I think that would not need to be said but maybe if I say it (write it) that is how it will happen. So far this pregnancy is going well. I'm only getting big in the proper places. I feel very pregnant as of the last few weeks. I've also started getting braxton hicks contractions in the past few days. This concerns Mike, however there is nothing concerning about them. The contractions are mild, in the front of my belly and not frequent. All text book, nothing to be alarmed about. However, with Mikey making his debut 8 weeks early it seems we are all very nervous about this pregnancy. Luckily, I love my doctor and trust her completely. I have complete faith that if there is some sign that we missed during my pregnancy with Mikey it would be discovered this time around. I'm currently on week 4 of 20 for my shots to help keep baby girl inside my belly. It is no fun at all. I would be lying if I said it doesn't hurt like hell. It's worth it though so I'm not complaining. Every time she kicks me and I can feel her rolling around is what I remember when Mike is administering my weekly dose. I love feeling her wiggle and kick. It's probably my favorite part of pregnancy. Anyhow, that is my baby girl update.

20 weeks

this pregnancy

20 weeks while pregnant with Mikey.
(My belly is bigger with her than I was with him)


Peanut playing inside for a bit, escaping the summer heat.

The happiest hard hat wearing boy around.

Don't forget your safety goggles!

Last weekend we all went to Mikey's friends 4th b-day party.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY HENRY!!!!

These kids loved, loved , loved trying to hit that pinata.

The hit of the day was the bouncy house they rented. The kids played all day. When the people came to pick it up at 8:00 poor Henry was so sad they were taking his bouncy house. The children just sat in the grass and watched the fun house deflate. I guess we know what to get for the next b-day party or any party for that matter.