Yesterday was Mikey's 3rd birthday. I still can't believe it. This child is growing up so fast and he just gets better and better every single day. He touches everyone's heart that he sees. Mikey is charismatic and he can turn on the charm on a dime. He has a wonderful sense of humor and is super fun to play games with. He gives the best hugs and warmest kisses. I also have to say that although he loves his Daddy very much there is no one like his Mommy to him. I am still his ultimate sense of comfort... I'm one lucky Mommy. He loves to snuggle and won't stay out of Mommy and Daddy's room. Each night anywhere from 12-3:00 we hear his little feet pitter pattering their way into our room, followed by his little body climbing in between Mommy and Daddy where he will rest his eyes for the remainder of the night. I must admit we have not attempted to break this habit of his as we love it so much. I know there will come a day where he wouldn't be caught dead sleeping in a bed with his parents so I will cherish each and every evening I get.
Mikey loves to pretend that he is a dinosaur... some days baby jaguar from Diego. Either way he's got a fierce growl that is his favorite noise to make. He loves anything dinosaur. The bigger and scarier the better. Dinosaurs don't scare him in the slightest. Next in line of the favorites is still any kind of choo-choo train. He still likes to watch Thomas and will watch any show that has trains in it. When we went to Florida last week we asked him to pack some toys to take with him and all he packed were his trains. When we asked if he was sure he didn't want to bring anything else he gave us a very firm NO.
When it comes to food there is no surprise for my hubby and I that Mikey is very picky. The apple does not fall far from the tree. Both Mike and I were very picky eaters as kids and some would say that we even might still be. Mikey loves fruit and hates veggies. He loves whole wheat pasta and rice but meat is a whole other thing. The only meat we can get him to eat is hot dogs, fish sticks, chicken nuggets (fast food kind) and scrambled eggs. He loves bread and will happily eat a plain slice of bread. Mikey likes milk but as always he prefers orange juice. Orange juice is his World and he is particular about it too. He does not like pulp and he doesn't like OJ from concentrate. He's a bit of an OJ connoisseur.
Mikey has blessed our lives and truly makes our World a better place. I know his Daddy and I couldn't be more proud to have such a fantastic, spunky and beautiful little boy. I thank God everyday for bestowing such wonderful child upon me. Happy Birthday Peanut!!!!
(I will get pictures posted tomorrow as I have not had time to download any since returning from Florida due to having a nasty head cold/ sinus infection. Lucky Mommy.)