
It was a great Halloween. The only thing that could have made the day better would have been to have Daddy here to go trick or treating with us. We made do, but we sure missed having him with us. So, Mikey dressed up as a elephant thanks to Dr. Schwarze. I wanted to dress him up in scrubs... you know, a surgeon just like his Daddy. I couldn't find scrubs that I liked (they were all red... go UW). Mikey wanted to dress up as a monkey (the costume was $45, a little expensive). Mikey threw a fit at the costume store when I made him put the monkey costume down. I promised him he could be a monkey next year, so we will be going back to the costume store today to buy it for next year at the post Halloween price (please let them still have the darn thing). Anyhow, Dr. Schwarze came to the rescue when she told us that she had an extra costume. I did not care what it was at 5:00 Halloween evening. It was a great surprise though when we got the costume on and he was the cutest darn elephant I have ever seen!!!
OK Buddy, let's do this. Watch out neighborhood a stampede is coming!
At every house Mikey tried to give them a piece of his candy. Luckily for him they all gave him his candy back plus a piece or two.

Can I eat this with the wrapper on Mom?

Mikey was a little scared by a very festive house in the neighborhood. They had a fog machine, ghosts, ghouls and about 15-20 kids in the yard having a great time. Maybe next year that will seem more appealing to him.

All in all, it was a very successful first time trick or treating. We sure had fun!
Happy Halloween everyone!!!
