Tuesday, October 07, 2008

O Canada


So we decided to go visit my husbands side of the family for a vacation. If you don't factor in the nasty bug that the three of us had, we had a terrific time.... runny noses and all! Mike got to see some of his buddies from back in the day and I had the chance to meet some of them for the first time. We also got to catch up with our dear friends Tommy and Christina. Of course we got to catch up with the family. It's always nice to see everyone and makes it hard to go home. Thanks to Grandpa Diesel's babysitting Mike and I even had a few nights out.

I have a lot of pictures from our trip, these are just some of them. I hope you enjoy. They are by no means chronological, but they are a good reflection of our time in Canada.

Niagara Falls



Isn't the view amazing?

Smile for Daddy


No sweetie you can't go play in the fountain, that is why there is a chain here. To keep all the curious little boys and girls out of the fountain. I know it's a shame you can't play in the water.

Never fear Babcia will help you play in the water.

Breathtaking isn't it?

Hold on tight Daddy.

Grandson, Daddy and Grandma


Our crew.

It's been a long day, falling asleep in Babcia's arms is nice.

Mom, can we please take this home with us? I just love it!!!!

Don't I look so cool in it? Come on Mom, I'll be a really good boy. ;-)

OK, the wagon is fun too. Alright, you caught me. I like just about anything with 4 wheels.


Helping Grandpa finish the driveway

See Grandpa, you do it like this.

Then you use this spatula looking thingy like this.

I'm sorry guys, but I can't help myself. How many poles does it take to hang a lamp?

Father and son... just like his Daddy who is always trying to help his parents. Mikey is always trying to to us out too.

Grandpa got a kiss from Mikey for his good work. See, Mikey is a great helper!

A day at the cousins



Mikey had such a great time playing with his cousins. It was really sweet to see them all together and amazing at how good they are with each other.

Mike with his goddaughter

Mamo and me

Poor Natalia, this was what it looked like most of the day... her chasing the two boys. Come on guys she just wants to play too.


We really did have a great time. Our trip definitely made us wish we lived closer to family. Who knows where we will end up in July (that is when Mike will get a job). Hopefully, wherever it is we will be fortunate enough to be close to at least one side of the family. (I say this as pretty much all of my family lives in Florida and almost all of Mikes family lives in Toronto. This definitely makes it impossible to live close to both).