Well, anyone who knows me knows that I've been counting the days until it snowed here. I grew up in Florida and have only truly experienced one winter (while in Montreal). That is another story for another day. Anyhow, I have been wishing for snow... and wishing.... and maybe a wishing some more for snow. Well folks we got it! It isn't even winter yet and we have more than we know what to do with. Yesterday most of the area schools were closed for their first snow day. The worst part is this past weekend my husbands work Christmas party was cancelled due to the weather. That was a big bummer! I was looking forward to getting out of the house and having an evening with my husband (sans
bebe). I had a babysitter hired that I felt comfortable with, which was HUGE for me. I had a new dress that made me feel oh so pretty... unfortunately it still sits in the closet with the tags intact. And me... well I sit here in front of the computer in my
jammie's (and new
crocs) putting off ironing my hubby's work shirts. To top it all off... the dog will NOT go potty outside because why? The snow is too deep for her. My husband said it best this weekend when he looked at me and said, "Why couldn't you have wished to win the lotto instead of wishing for snow"?
Well... bring it on then. Let. it. snow. When life gives you lemons you make lemonade. (I'm personally not a big fan of this saying though as I don't particularly like lemonade) You get the point though. ;-)

This is great Mommy!

Just don't eat the yellow snow son...

How about when life gives you snow,

you make snow angels.

Now that is fun!

And go
sledding with Daddy of course

Until Daddy flips you out of the sled by running into an ice block.
The baby is okay and only cried for a moment.

see... happy beautiful baby

Oops... sorry to cut you out Daddy. Let's try again.
there... much better!
The Polish Christmas tradition
On the 5th of December Santa comes by for a visit while all the good little kiddies are sleeping and leaves a present. So on the morning of the 6th all the children wake to find a present or two from good old St. Nick. Isn't this wonderful? Santa comes twice! Mikey wants to thank Santa for his new drums and slippers... he LOVES them both (and can't wait until the 25th to see what else he will get for being such a good little boy)!
Let me tell you how much noise this thing makes... I think Santa should have left Mommy some Tylenol too. ;-) Oh well... that smile is worth a million headaches.