Monday, December 19, 2011

These kids...

Michal is learning to skate and he's doing great. Sure, he falls a good bit but every time he gets out there, it is significantly less falling than the last time. I find it amazing how fast kids learn new things. Way to go buddy, Mommy and Daddy are so proud of you for trying new things and your perseverance! You are doing fantastic!


Giving Naomi a ride, wheeeeee!

Want a ride?

Sweet girl...


This video was taken 2 weekends ago... Mikey is doing so much better now than he is on this one.

So, there are two noteworthy things this weekend that I must simply document so I don't forget.

First:
I unfortunately had the stomach flu (again and not the noteworthy part) this Saturday. Sunday we went to church and it has become a ritual that after church we stop on the way home to pick up some fresh, hot ham and rolls. We get home and I'm feeling really hungry after not eating anything for the past 36 hrs. I eat and it was delicious. My tummy, however, was not ready and I had horrible stomach cramps. Mikey and I are talking and this is how our conversation goes:

Me: I'm in a lot of pain... this is no good.
Michal: What's pain Mommy?
Me: it means that I hurt, my tummy hurts, you know... ouch.
Michal: hmmmm, (thinking) who's going to make us dinner then Mommy?

This kid is too funny!

Second:
Misiu still gets himself in a good bit of trouble around here as he likes to steal food. When Misiu gets in trouble we say "Bad dog! Go to your bed Misiu!" Then Misiu knows that if he knows what is good for him he quickly goes to his bed in the laundry room or he'll get locked in there on doggy timeout. So, yesterday Misiu of course couldn't help himself and tried to steal food off a plate and he got caught. I say "Bad dog! Go to your bed Misiu!" Then Naomi proceeds to chase after him pointing her finger repeatedly saying "Ba! Ba! Ba!" Naomi goes into the laundry room where she stands over him pointing her finger and saying"Ba! Ba! Ba!" over and over for the next couple of minutes until we said ok Naomi... that's enough. We think Misiu gets it. This is her new routine anytime Misiu gets in trouble which as I said before is frequent. It's really cute and quite funny. I'm going to see if I can catch it on film next time she does it. ;-)

This kid is too funny!