Tuesday, March 08, 2011

Birthdays

Birthdays seem to be on our minds today. Today is Tamara's b-day. Tamara is my late sister-in-law. I was not fortunate enough to get to meet her. Tamara is also who we named Naomi Tamara after. I must admit, I often think of how nice it would be to have her around. I never had a sister and it would have been so nice to have a relationship with her. I know my husband misses his sister so much. How could you not? I love the stories I hear about her. She was one of those people that draw other people in... a magnetic personality. Everyone loved her. I've never blogged about her before as for fear of getting something wrong or hurting someone. So, I hope I don't do either. I can say for sure, that 39 years ago today a beautiful soul entered the lives of our family and today she still lives on in our hearts, even those hearts she didn't meet in person she remains a very big part of. We love you and miss you.
Happy Birthday Aunt Tamara!

5 months ago today... can you believe it? I can't!
Naomi has figured rolling out. She can roll from side to side... with great speed. She also can sit up on her own, that is until something catches her attention. Then she forgets what she's doing and she's like the leaning tower of pisa. At least she's catching herself with her elbows. She has also discovered her feet and spends a great deal of time trying to get her toes in her mouth. It's the cutest thing to watch. Crawling... no not yet. She still needs to work on her upper body strength. When on her tummy she gets her butt up in the air and pushes, thus scooting herself forward. Ultimately not very affective however as her little face ends up red and usually covered in drool. Thus a very unhappy and annoyed baby girl.

Playing with the camera is always fun for Mama.

Got it! Apparently Naomi wants to dabble in photography as well.

Birthdays. It seems to be the topic of choice for Mikey. All he can talk about is his upcoming b-day party he wants to have. Of course he's going to have a party... once he decides what kind of theme that is. One moment it's spiderman themed and the next it's pirate themed. When I ask if he wants both he says no. Well, that's a start I guess. We are going to Toronto the week of his b-day for Naomi's baptism so we decided it would be nice to have a b-day party for Mikey before we go so he can have something that is just his. A day all about Mikey, where he can have all his friends over and just have fun. And a spiderman cake too! (That much he knows for sure, we must have a spiderman cake)

Feeding... well let's just say I back tracked and stopped feeding her anything for a while. I don't know why I keep second guessing myself. I think I'm afraid she'll be a picky eater like her brother. Ultimately after thinking about it way too much I really feel that I did not make him a picky eater. Daddy was a picky eater. I was a picky eater. Am I surprised Mikey is a picky eater? No. He had me fooled though. As a baby I started with baby food and quickly switched over to giving him soft food he could gum off our plates. He ate fantastic! I mean this kid would eat anything I put in front of him. I remember bragging to other Mom friends of mine how lucky we were that Mikey was such a great eater. Then, he turned 2. It seemed that day by day, week by week he started refusing to eat things one by one. Now his diet is very limited. It's very frustrating. He is very hard to feed. So of course you want to try and prevent this if at all possible. I just don't think I'm buying it that you can.

Anyhow, I've started feeding her pureed food. I'm making her baby food. I love it and so far she loves it. If I give her some jar baby food, it's a chore to get her to eat. If I give her the baby food I made, she gobbles it up. This week she's eating butternut squash I made for her. I think it's her favorite. It is delish and it's beautiful too.

Yum!
Happy eating everyone... picky eaters and all.