Friday, November 19, 2010

Sibling love

6 weeks ago today you entered our World

As I type right now, you sit in my arms staring at me with your beautiful blue eyes. Naomi is the perfect second child. All day long Naomi is quiet and patiently waits while I tend to Mikey. The moment Mikey closes his eyes for the day she makes sure we know she is here. That seems to be when she is happiest and the fussiest... borderline colicky. Naomi is either cooing and saying her a-goo's or crying from about 8:30 til 10:30-11. Mostly crying, which has made me cut out dairy to see if that could help. I think she's been better, not as fussy... but still her fussiest time of day by far. All I know is, I miss my cows milk. I'm thinking (hoping) it's not the culprit as she has still been fussy in the pm. Oh the joys of parenthood. Besides, all the smiles we've been getting from our little girl make it worth any amount of tears shed. It has been getting better so hopefully she's growing out of it. Fingers crossed.


Big brother love

playing with little sis

Mikey has become our growling boy. He growls and roars.... and it drives me bonkers. At first it wasn't so bad but it's gotten to the point where he is actually going to time out for too much growling. We are trying to teach him to use his words to express himself. Everyone keeps telling me that by the time he's 4 it will get better. I hope so... but I know that by the time he's 4 he'll have sat on time out so many times for growling that it won't have much to do with age, as fear of time out again. Once again, the joys of parenthood.

Hi there sister!

My blue-eyed beauties.
Speaking of which Mikey thinks it's so cool that Naomi, him and Daddy all have blue eyes. However, he's very confused as to why Mommy has a different color eyes. Now that's a fun one to explain. ;-)