Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Locks of Love

Before
After









I did it. I literally chopped my hair off. I've been dreaming about it for some time now. I couldn't quite figure what to make of it. I'm sure there is some great explanation out there in a dream book. I did find the following: To dream that you are cutting your hair, suggests that you are experiencing a loss in strength. You may feel that someone is trying to censor you. Alternatively, you may be reshaping your thinking or ambitions and eliminating unwanted thoughts/habits.

I don't believe that's it. I don't know... Smoochie are you trying to censor me? ;-) I might be trying to reshape my ambitions. I like that. I've been trying to be healthier. I want to make my body and ideal place to grow another baby (more on that in a later post). I've been going to the gym and I feel great. I still didn't feel like that was why I kept dreaming of cutting my hair.

I think I wanted to do something for someone else. I watch a program on locks of love a while ago... probably over a year. I remember being so impacted by this. I watched these women and girls sit there and have their long, beautiful locks cut off. A minimum of 10 inches is required. I remember thinking to myself what a great thing to do. I mean it's hair after all and for most of us it grows back. I'm one of those lucky people whose hair will grow back. I don't know if I will grow it back... I'm kinda digging my new hair style. On the other hand I could grow my hair back again and donate again. Why not, right? I really wanted to do this and I'm happy I did. The only thing that would be even better is for someone else to see this and be inspired to do something similar. Do something nice for someone else. Something that will change a complete strangers life... without expecting a thank you in return. That part is my favorite. I'm going to help someone else and I will never meet this person. I think it's kind cool.